Nota de Prensa
LaLiga clubs make a return to normality after several years due to the pandemic as they embark on what will be their most international pre-season since the state of emergency was declared in the wake of Covid-19. As a result, LaLiga Santander clubs will travel to a combined total of four continents for tournaments and friendly matches this summer.
It’s a pre-season that will allow them to test their fitness and that of their new recruits, as well as raising their international profile among football fans in the many countries they visit.
Below are some of the fixtures that LaLiga clubs will be playing in the months leading up to the start of the 2022/23 season:
- Athletic Club: Athletic Club will hold its pre-season training camp in Germany between July 16 and 23. On Sunday July 17, Los Leones will make their debut in the Duisburg Cup of Traditions, where they will take part in a triangular tournament against Borussia Mönchengladbach (17:00) and MSV Duisburg (18:00) at the Schauinsland-Reisen-Arena. Then, on Thursday July 21, they will take on VFL Bochum at the Heidewaldstadion with kick-off scheduled for 18:00. The following Saturday, July 23, at 17:00, they will face Mainz 05 at the Mewa Arena. Finally, Athletic Club will play its last pre-season friendly against Newcastle United FC on July 30 at St. James' Park (kick off time to be confirmed).
- Atlético de Madrid: Los Colchoneros will travel to Norway to face Manchester United on Saturday July 30, kick off at 14:00, at the Ullevaal Stadion in Oslo.
- FC Barcelona: FC Barcelona and Real Madrid will face each other in a sold out match in Las Vegas on July 23. They will also play Inter Miami in Miami, Juventus in Dallas, and the New York Red Bulls in New York. FC Barcelona ended last season with a friendly against a team of players from the Australian A-League. It was the first time in the club's 123-year history that it had played in Australia and against an Australian team.
- Rayo Vallecano: Los Vallecanos will face Manchester United at Old Trafford on July 31 at 16:00 (local time). Before that, on July 16, they will play against SC Freiburg at the Europa-Park Stadium in Freiburg (Germany) at 15:00; on July 19 they will face US Salernitana in Austria at the Stadion Jenbach; and on July 20 they take on Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough Stadium at 20:00 Spanish time.
- RC Celta: The team from Vigo will travel to North America where they will face Pumas in Mexico City on July 13. They will also head to the United States to face the San Jose Earthquakes at PayPal Park in California. Finally, RC Celta will then head to Portugal, specifically to Braga, where they will face Sporting Club de Braga on July 29 (kick off time to be confirmed).
- RCD Espanyol: They will face Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club on Saturday July 30 at 16:00 Spanish time at The Amex Stadium.
- RCD Mallorca: Los Bermellones will hold their training camp in Austria, where they will play friendlies against three teams: they will face Wieczusta Krakow on July 16; Qatar on July 19 and Genoa CFC on July 22. All kick off times still to be confirmed.
- Real Betis: Los Verdiblancos will start their pre-season on July 16 in Austria against SV Grödig with a 15:00 kick off. They will then play a match against Dutch side PSV Eindhoven on July 23 at the Philips Stadium at 18:00. Additionally, they will travel to the United Kingdom to face Olympique de Marseille on July 27 at 20:30 (Spanish time) at the Technique Stadium in Chesterfield, and then Brentford FC at the Brentford Community Stadium in London on July 30 at 16:00.
- CA Osasuna: On July 30, they will travel to the Netherlands to face FC Groningen at the Euroborg Stadium (kick off 16:00 Spanish time).
- Real Madrid: Los Blancos will be taking part in this summer's Soccer Champions Tour in the United States. As well as facing FC Barcelona in Las Vegas on July 23, they will play Club America at Oracle Park in San Francisco on July 27, then on Saturday, July 30, they will face Juventus at the Rose Bowl Stadium in Los Angeles.
- Real Sociedad: La Real will be undertaking a tour of matches in different European countries, starting with the visit of Toulouse FC, who will face Real Sociedad on July 16 with kick off at 19:00 at Zubieta. Then, on July 23, La Real face Borussia Mönchengladbach at Borussia Park in Germany with kick off at 15:30. Finally, the team will travel to Bournemouth, in the United Kingdom, on July 30, where they will face AFC Bournemouth at 15:00 (local time).
- Sevilla FC: They will hold their pre-season training camp in Korea from July 7 to 17, where they will face Tottenham Hotspur on July 16 at 13:00 (Spanish time). On July 24 they will play against Sporting Club de Portugal at José Alvalade stadium in Lisbon for the Five Violins Tournament. They will also play the Emirates Cup in London on July 30 at 12.30, against Arsenal, in a match that will serve as a tribute to José Antonio Reyes. A day later they will visit the King Power Stadium in Leicester to face Leicester City at 19:00 (Spanish time).
- UD Almería: They will take on Saudi Arabian champions Al-Hilal at the Pirelli Stadium in Staffordshire, England, on Sunday August 7.
- Valencia CF: Los Che will kick off their pre-season against Borussia Dortmund on Monday July 18 at 19:00 at the Cashpoint Arena in Altach (Austria). On Saturday July 23, kick off at 15:30, Valencia CF will visit the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Germany to face VfB Stuttgart.
- Villarreal CF: El Submarino Amarillo will debut on July 14 against Sporting Club de Portugal at the Estadio Algarve in Portugal (kick off 22:00 Spanish time). Then they play PSV Eindhoven on Saturday July 16 at the Philips Stadion in Eindhoven (kick off 19:00 Spanish time). After that friendly, Villarreal CF will face Borussia Dortmund on Friday July 22 at the Cashpoint Arena in Austria, not far from the German team's training camp. Two days later, on Sunday July 24, El Submarino Amarillo will face Stade de Reims in France. The following week, Villarreal will travel to the United Kingdom to face Southampton at St Mary's Stadium on Saturday July 30 (16:00 Spanish time) and, one day later, Fulham FC in London (16:00 Spanish time).